1. In cases where the holder of the certificate is deceased, whether nominee or legal heir can apply for a refund? What are the documents required for a nominee to apply for a PACL refund?
The current process does not envisage a claim application being made by a nominee or a legal heir, Accordingly, the only application for self can be made in the current process.
Any decision, if taken by the Committee, with respect to the receipt of claim applications from nominees or legal heirs, shall be notified in due course.
2. Name on PAN card differs from that provided in the PACL certificate(s) What needs to be done in that case?
You can make a claim application even if the Name on the PAN card differs from the name appearing in the PACL certificate(s).
Then you have to enter your name as mentioned on the PAN card in the field for PAN Name, the Name as appearing in the PACL certificate in the field for PACL Certificate Name and upload the supporting documents in the field provided and follow PACL related inquiries.
3. The investment is in the name of minor who does not have a PAN Card. What needs to be done in that case?
Because, The documentary proofs as prescribed have to be submitted with the claim application for the said claim application to be a valid application.
Hence, you need to apply for a PAN Card in the name of the minor. The Income Tax Department has not mentioned an age limit for availing a PAN card, which means that even minors are eligible to apply for it.
4. When will the money be refunded? Will money be refunded with interest?
For example, The decision of refund shall be taken by the Committee after verifying the claims made by the applicant investor(s). Then the Committee will refund the amount(s) invested, depending upon the corpus available with the Committee, on the basis to be decided by the Committee. Payment of interest is not envisaged at this stage.
5. How is the claim amount that is to be entered in the claim application form to be calculated? Can an investor input the maturity amount as the claim amount?
The claim amount is the total amount that is derived upon adding the amounts as appearing in all the outstanding receipts of payment with respect to a particular PACL Registration Number.
The claim amount so entered by the investor in the claim application form is required to be supported by uploading the scanned copy of the corresponding certificate issued by PACL for the said PACL Registration number along with the scanned copy (ies) of the corresponding outstanding receipt (s) of payment.
For greater clarity, please refer to the refund video. Further, the originals of the scanned copies uploaded should be available with the investor. It is further clarified that the maturity amount is not the claim amount.
6. Can an investor who does not possess any receipts or is in possession of only a few receipts or just the last receipt and/ or does not possess the bond certificate make a claim for a refund In which case, what would be the claim amount?
The Committee has not envisaged any payments against lost or misplaced bond certificate (s) and/ or receipt(s) at this stage.
7. In case original documents (bond certificates and/ or receipts) have been surrendered to PACL and the investor has only acknowledgement issued by PACL, can he/she apply for a refund? Can such acknowledgement slip be uploaded in lieu of PACL certificate while applying for refund If an investor has availed loan from PACL Ltd. after submitting all the documents to PACL, how to apply for refund in such a scenario?
For example, In the current process of receiving claim applications, the investor submitting a claim application should be in possession of the original bond certificate and original outstanding receipt(s) of payment and shall upload the scanned copy of the bond certificate along with the scanned copies of the outstanding receipt(s).
Accordingly, to submit a claim application, any desirous investor shall have to upload the scanned copies of the above documents and be in possession of the respective original documents.
For greater clarity, please refer to the refund video. The Committee has not envisaged any payments against any acknowledgement issued by PACL at this stage.
8. . Is there any upper limit on the number of receipts that can be uploaded?
There is no upper limit on the number of receipts that can be uploaded, Accordingly, you may upload as many receipts as may be outstanding with respect to a particular PACL Registration number
9. Is there an option to apply for PACL refund by submitting physical claim application?
The current process of receiving claim applications is a digital process considering the magnitude and scale of the process. Accordingly, no physical claim application can be submitted in the current process.
10. . Can those Investors who were unable to upload documents and make their claim during the first process (outstanding principal up to Rs. 2500/-) apply again in the current process?
Yes. If you were unable to make your application in the previous process, you may do so in the current process, provided, you upload the scanned copy of the bond certificate along with the scanned copies of the outstanding receipt(s) and are in possession of the original bond certificate and original outstanding receipt(s) of payment.
11. Can an investor from a neighbouring country apply for refund with the other country ID & address proofs in lieu of PAN Card? Also, can an investor submit Aadhaar Card in lieu of PAN card?
No. The documentary proofs as prescribed have to be submitted with the claim application, for the said claim application to be a valid application. Accordingly, no documentary proofs, except the ones prescribed shall be considered.
12. . Can an investor upload scanned copy of the first page of the bank pass book instead of cancelled cheque/ Banker’s certificate?
In case investors do not have a cheque book, they may get a certificate from the bankers in the format prescribed. In the alternative, the investor can upload that front page of the bank pass book and the page that contains the Investor’s Name, the Bank Account number and the IFSC Code.
13. What can be done in case of error message, “This PACL number does not exist as per our records.”?
In case you are holding original bond certificate (s) and corresponding original outstanding receipt (s) issued by PACL, and while filing your claim application you have received the aforesaid message,
you may email the PACL Registration number details along with the scanned copy (ies) of the corresponding aforesaid documents at email@example.com there you have to find all PACL related inquiries in an easy way.
14. . Is the refund application website accessible outside of India?
Yes. The refund portal has now been made accessible from outside of India except Pakistan, China and Russia.
15. What can be done to update information in the portal once acknowledgement number has already been generated?
An acknowledgement number is generated after the final submission of the claim application Accordingly, no changes can be made after the generation of the acknowledgement number.
16. Which web browser is to be used for this website?
This website works best with the latest version of Google Chrome browser.
17. What is the process for registration of my claim?
For registration, you need to enter your PACL registration number twice, mobile number and captcha. On entering the details, an OTP would be sent to the mobile number entered during registration.
Once the OTP is successfully entered and if the details submitted are in order, your registration would be successful. Upon successful registration, you may start the process of submitting your claim application
18. How do I login to my claim application? Sebi Explained
On successful registration, you would be guided to a password creation screen. You can create a password of your choice. The password should be between 8-16 characters and contain at least one upper case letter (a-z), one numeral (0-9) and one special character.
So, On successful creation of a password, subsequent logins would need to be done using your PACL registration number and password.
19. What information do I need to submit in the claim application form?
For example, You need to submit your name as per PACL certificate, the claim amount (in Rs.), name as per PAN, PAN number, your bank account number, bank name and IFSC code.
20. What are the PACL documents that I need to upload?
Also, You need to upload a copy of your PAN, the latest passport size photograph, a copy of the cancelled cheque with your name printed or banker’s certificate as per the prescribed format available on the website on the letterhead of the bank, copy of PACL certificate, and receipts, if any
FORMAT OF BANKER’S VERIFICATION LETTER
21. Can I exit even though I have partially filled up the PACL claim application form?
Yes, you can exit the applicant by clicking on the logout button and The information entered by you would be saved when you click on the ‘Save and Next’ option. You can come later and login to finish your claim application.
22. What is the format of the documents to be uploaded?
The documents can be uploaded in pdf, jpg or jpeg formats.
23. What should be the specifications of the documents being uploaded?
Because, the documents uploaded should be on a black and white scale, 200 dpi and vertically aligned. The size of the document should be restricted to 300KB.
24. How do I know if my PACL application is successfully submitted?
It’s Very simple, After completion of all the required formalities, you may click on the ‘Final Submit’ button, upon which a preview screen will appear for confirmation of the information entered by you on the web platform.
Then upon your confirmation of the information entered, the application would be successfully submitted and an acknowledgement receipt number (ARN) would be generated. This number along with the PACL registration number should be used for all future communication.
25. Can I delete/edit the information I have saved?
You can edit/delete the PACL information multiple times till you submit your application by clicking on the ‘Final Submit’ button. However, once you have clicked on the ‘Final Submit’ button no further changes would be allowed.
26. What if I forgot my PACL claim application password?
Also, follow once the correct OTP has been submitted, you would be taken to the ‘Enter password’ screen where you can create a fresh password.
27. What if I do not have a PAN card in PACL customers?
You would need to obtain a PAN card and then submit the application?
28. How do I obtain a PAN card?
To obtain information on how to obtain a PAN card, click on the below link.
29. What if I do not have a bank account where I am the first holder?
You can submit the bank account details where you are a joint holder. The canceled cheque copy with your name printed or banker’s certificate as per the prescribed format available at sebipaclrefund.co.in on the letter head of the bank also needs to be uploaded along with the claim application.
30. What if the PACL certificate holder has passed away? Can any nominee make the claim on behalf of such a deceased investor?
In such a case, the claim application can be submitted by the Nominee whose name appears on the PACL certificate. However, date for the submission of claim applications through nominees shall be notified in due course.
31. What if my name has changed due to marriage What I can do?
The date for the submission of claim applications in your new name together with supporting documents shall be notified in due course.
32. . In case of any queries/complaints, where can I contact?
In case of queries/complaints, please call the helpline number 022 61216966, More you have a complaint please follow the link.